So after I wrote last weeks post, I realized that even my more immediate goals were still too vague. I came up with both a cardio/CHAARG related goal and a yoga related goal.
So by the end of the semester (about 10 weeks) I want to:
- Be able to do a yoga headstand
- I’ll accomplish this by practicing it in stages every single day. As you can see from my picture, I have aways to go, but it’s all about being comfortable where you are and working up towards where you want to be.
- Be able to run 4 miles
- I just started, and I only run about a mile 2-3 times a week on the treadmill (cause it’s cooold here in NYC), so I don’t even know if this is a realistic goal. I’m also really excited for it to warm up so I can run by Hudson River Park!
- We had a well-timed snow day yesterday and I just pressed play on a Chaarg playlist on 8tracks and ended up running 2 miles. I was feeling the burn at the end, but it was really nice. I love yoga, but I’m used to the high intensity cardio of dance, so running a few times a week is a great stress reliever in that it’s a more aggressive release compared to yoga.
- This is my first #sweatyselfie that I took after that run
I’ve added a bunch of new commitments in the past couple of weeks, so I’ve suddenly found myself busier than I’ve been in a long time. But I’ve made a commitment to my mental and physical health and I haven’t let that get in the way of being active every day. Even though I’ve had to cut back on the amount of time I spend each day, I know that if I let it go completely, my mind would not be in a place to focus on all the awesome new things in my life.
A great thing that a Virtual Chaarg membership has is Accountability Buds. Each month you’re assigned a VirtChaarg member to get know and keep in touch with to make sure you’re each working towards your goals. It’s really awesome and this is the first month I’m doing it and I can’t wait to see how this makes being a Chaarg girl even better!
Photo Creds: Me